6.04.2009

Better Business Bureau BBB Search Engine Optimization SEO - round two.

I had the privilege of attending another San Diego Better Business Bureau (BBB) mixer in La Jolla today. Talk about beautiful, the rooftop of the La Jolla Cove Suites is an amazing place to host an event. Seaside views with palm trees and a setting sun in the background, makes you almost not want to talk to the other members about the fact you're selling search engine optimization.

Thankfully, they were nice enough to approach me most the time and ask about who or where the Full Monty was going to be displayed. Yet again, the CEO of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) dedcided to inspire the crowd with out of date search engine optimization information.

I love how SEO has a trickle down effect. A search marketing expert explains a solution to a web problem and people go around spouting that information as if it were gospel. Unfortunately, Google moves too fast for word of mouth. I was encouraged to sign up at Facebook and Twitter about six times today, because apparently that's how websites rank online.

I have yet to use twitter for pumping websites up to the top of any search engine. I am a member of facebook, I use it to connect with friends and *occasionally* I will advertise a link my friends would click on. In other words, San-Diego-Home-Improvements.com wouldn't be linked in Facebook with any real intent - because Facebookers don't care about home remodeling. They do however, care about booze. If you own a bar, Facebook is the place for you.