5.04.2009

Youtube Pay Per Click?

I love Google. Since buying up youtube, they have since been dying to find a way to make it profitable. I recently wrote on how they intended to allow you to promote videos on a pay per click basis.

I am here to say that You Tube video promotion is money. While costly to compete on certain keywords; I discovered "fire" was a popular thing to rank for, earning me 200,000 impressions and 278 clicks in about 9 hours. Little expensive to learn that lesson at 29 bucks, but far cheaper to do than Adwords pay per click.

I have been experimenting with the videos to see what kind of traffic they bring. My Full Monty Marketing primer has about a 1% click through rate off the impressions, with about 30% of the viewers going to the main site. Not bad for a quick way to introduce your company and case studies to people interested in SEO/SEM.